Monday, October 20, 2008

It's Official

Fall is here! Not based on what the calender tells me, but based on the weather as of late. It's been PERFECT! We had what I consider to be the perfect evening this past Saturday. The air was crisp, the sky was clear, the moon and stars shone brilliantly in the cloudless sky. The leaves and pine needles under my feet were just slightly crunchy and their sweet yet somewhat earthy aroma permeated the air, off somewhere in the distance I could smell the first fires of the season burning in fireplaces. The only thing that could have made it more perfect would have been to have someone to snuggle on a blanket with while gazing up at the stars. Oh well :o) I guess I just have to enjoy the perfection of the season by myself.

On the knitting front, yep finger is still numb, though I figured out how it's happening, and plan to see if i can come up with a way to prevent it. Apparently the way I hold my needles in my right hand, it rests on either a vein or nerve that causes the numbness, so I'm thinking if I can make some kind of cushion that I can put over that finger I should be good. We shall see. After starting and frogging and starting and frogging again, I decided that my beautious Schaefer
Heather yarn was not the right choice for Branching Out, so I switched it up and decided to use a ball of Koigu that's been sitting in my stash for a while. It's coming out much better, and really shows the stitch pattern quite nicely. I think the Schaefer will make some fabulous socks!

As you can see Oli is quite curious about all this knitting going on.


No comments: