Friday, April 25, 2008

My Favorite Kind of Morning

Prompted by Kinsey's need to go out, I rolled out of bed at 5:15 this morning. Normally if this were a work day, I would be hemming and hawing about getting up so very early when it was probably after 1 am when I finally fell asleep last night. But this morning, I find myself very excited about the prospects of the day. It isn't that I have anything terribly exciting on my list of things to do today, it's more what's on my list of what not to do today that has me delighted. Aside from a little bit of cleaning, running errands and class on Monday morning, oh and working for a few hours tomorrow, I am pretty much FREE until Tuesday morning. It's so nice to be able to wake up whenever on my day off, with almost nothing on the to do list. Honestly today for the first time in almost a year, since this whole idea of going back to school popped into my head, I feel relaxed (because except for 2 quizzes and a quick oral presentation, my school work is done for the semester) and re-energized. There is a lot that I want to get done, but today, I will take great pleasure in knowing that I can do it, or none of it for that matter, at my own pace.

No comments: