Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I suppose that's because when I was growing up on Thanksgiving things would usually be peaceful, and everyone in my family would get along. I remember as I got older my dad would start to have friends over who didn't have anywhere else to go for Thanksgiving, and it was always wonderful and fun. As I got older, I took on this attitude myself and would have Thanksgiving dinners for whom ever wanted to come and share the day. It's always been a time of reflection for me, time to think of what I am truly thankful for. This year, I have a lot to be thankful for. I am thankful for my dear friends and family (some of these friends are the family I've created for myself). Thankful that my Dad is healthy, that I've for the first time in my life, started to develop an actual friendship with my brother. I'm thankful for the fact that I finally was able to end something that was sucking the life and happiness from me, and begin something new that has brought me nothing but happiness and comfort, and the feeling for the first time in a long time of really being ALIVE! I'm thankful for having a job that I'm mostly happy with, most of the time :o) And I'm especially thankful that I'll be spending my day with my very best friend/soul sister and her extended family. Now I'm off to make a card for the boy, who is still sound asleep, to let him know that I'm thankful for him this year! Best wishes to all for a very happy, safe, and healthy Thanksgiving.

No comments: