Monday, June 15, 2009

Crush Me, With the, Things You Do

If no one else get's it, I know at least Lala will appreciate the title of this post. Today, I was made to feel my age. I had an appointment with a new downstairs Dr. and she wants me to go get a baseline mammogram done. I find myself these days often contemplating my age. 36 going on 37 (or 16 some might say) still young by most standards, though some days feeling every single moment of it, and then some. I suppose in some ways I feel very young, but other times, feel very inadequate. Meaning, I feel like I should have accomplished more by this time in my life. But over all (aside from feeling stuck in this rut called NJ) I'm happy, and I suppose that's really what matters most.

In the meantime, I'm working on spinning some yarn, knitting some socks, and living my life!

2 comments:

Clumsy Knitter said...

You know, I think a lot of people feel as though they should have accomplished more when they get to their age (whatever age that is). But I think a bigger accomplishment is to be happy and satisfied with your life the way you're living it *right now*. It sounds like you have accomplished that, and that is something many people never do, no matter how old they get to be. :)

Unknown said...

Very true! Thanks for the reminder!!!