Friday, April 17, 2009

Welcome to My World, Where I Have Too Much Crap!

I've been saying this for a long time now. I have too much crap laying around here, I want to simplify my life, cluttered house, cluttered mind, blah, blah, blah. What have I done about this until now, uhhhm yeah almost nothing. I did my yearly end of December trip to Goodwill with some donations, and cleared out a major lot of my old (very old) scrapbook supplies. These went to Rich's mom, so when the grandkids are over they can play with them. But other than that, not much has cleared out of here. I think there are several reasons for this. Number one, I didn't have (nor did I really want) a lot for a big part of my growing up years, so in some way, I've learned to hold on to things. This is fine, if these things are useful, or sentimental, but if they're just crap, me no finkie I need them anymore. Number 2. I try very hard to be environmentally friendly. I hate to think of all of the things that I really need to get rid of going into an already over stuffed landfill somewhere. And Number 3, I'm a crafty girl. I'm forever thinking oh no, save that ripped up shirt, or those bottle caps, I can make something with them. Well that's fine in theory, but if my home is cluttered so much that I can't even think no less create, really what good does that ripped up faux suede shirt from 1995 that's been sitting rumpled in my bottom dresser drawer for the last 10 years (yes seriously 10 years) do for me. NOTHING!!!!!

So with the urge to spring clean firmly implanted in my head, I'm going to do a major purge/overhaul over the next couple of days. Some things I'll post on ebay or freecycle or craigslist, others I'll donate to Goodwill, but I can assure you I'm going to feel bad about this later, but there is going to be a ton of junk that I'm just going to have to trash. I'm apologizing in advance to Mother Earth, and promising her that I'll do better in the future.

No comments: