Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Contemplating

I've been reading a lot of No Impact Man's blog, and have been wondering how much in my life is enough?? What more can I do to cut back and leave less environmental impact on the planet? Not to mention, what can I do more of to have a positive impact on the environment. Now mind you, I'm not at this point in my life willing to give up electricity, and given my current apartment dwelling situation, I can't exactly go solar. I'm also not ready to go sans toilet paper, but I'm sure there is more that I could do.

I've thought of some options, so far this is what I've come up with:
Recycle more, only buy things that can be recycled or reused. No excess packaging.
Remember my cloth bags, wherever I go.
Cut out things that are not necessary, and buy only the essentials for a while. When I do buy the essentials, be sure to find things that are more environmentally friendly.
Hit the library, rather than buying books.
Utilize Freecycle, and whatever I can't freecycle, drop off at Goodwill, or another charity.
Pick up litter around the apartment.
Walk more, for quick trips to local stores. ( I live in South Jersey, public transportation isn't really an option).
Cut out as many chemicals as possible.

I'm sure I'll think of more as time goes on, but I think for now these things will be a good start :o)

No comments: