Friday, October 5, 2007

Lazy, Hazy Days of October?

I'm having a very difficult time believing it's October 5th. I'm sitting here in my little apartment, looking out the back door into the gray, foggy, warm and humid back yard. The leaves that have begun to slowly turn color, are covered with a thin film of dew. The air is what can best be described as soupy. I am not an overly happy camper. You see, I absolutely adore fall, every single little thing about fall makes me happy. I love the cool, crisp air, the scent of the first fires built in fire places on cool dark nights, the oh so pretty fall foliage. I still enjoy the rustling sound of kicking through a big pile of fallen leaves. Sweaters... ohhh how I adore sweaters! Not only do they keep you cozy and warm, but they help to hide a multitude of sins. I also feel more connected to my beliefs in the fall for some reason. Perhaps because there is nothing quite like the vibrant beauty of a fall sunset, where an amazing array of pinks, blues, purples, oranges and yellows fill the sky just before the sun sets. A simply amazing gift from Mother Nature.

Yet here I sit with my air conditioner on, because it's supposed to go up to 86 degrees today :o( I actually feel guilty about having it running so late in the year. Uhhhg, I'm tired of the heat already, come on fall!!!!!

No comments: