Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Knitty Knitty Bang Bang

First off, thanks to all of you who commented on my not smoking stats. I'm pleased to say that with time the edge is slightly more off than it was a week ago. I'm feeling slightly better (I'm no longer climbing the walls) but I know that it's still a long haul. One day at a time is the only way to think of it.

I had a lovely day yesterday. I got to sleep in, took my time getting dressed and ready in the morning, there were no errands to be done, so it was quite leisurely. I took a trip to one of my favorite places on Earth, the library! I love library's, book stores, etc. I have a thing for any place where there's a lot of any one thing, craft stores, heck, even Home Depot. But I especially love library's. Books make me so very happy, and if I had my way, I would have them stacked to the rafters. However, in my attempt to green up, the library has replaced my book buying for a while. (Unless there is something that I MUST have that a 3 week loan will not take care of). I picked up 2 knitting books with some great ideas for patterns that I'm interested in trying. A few Janet Evanovich books, Middlesex, The Mermaid Chair and Rise and Shine. So between reading and knitting, my free time for the next few weeks is pretty well filled with happiness.

I'm in utter disbelief that school starts up again in a week. This past month has gone by so quickly, my head is still spinning. I'm using this week to get myself used to waking up super early (for me) to deal with Algebra at 8 am twice a week. I'm not at all looking forward to it, but it's only 15 weeks out of my life. Craig has agreed to come over on Wednesdays (my long school + work day) and let Kinsey out to take care of her doggy business. So that's a relief. I have serious Mommy guilt when I leave her alone for too long.

On the knitting side, I've got to get myself together this week. I want to get as much done as possible before school starts, so that means finishing up Craig's scarf, and getting at least half way through my first sock. The momentum from that should keep my procrastinating self going. So I'll be toting my knitting along to work, and any spare time I have over the next week, I'll be knitting my fingers to the bone. Pictures of FO's (Finished objects) to come. Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Kathy Carr said...

I love reading Janet Evanovich books!!!!