Sunday, August 12, 2007

Not So Typical Sunday Morning

Sunday mornings for me usually consist of the early morning phone call from Craig, then puttering around all grumpy, until I've had enough coffee to make me human again (a big change from the groggy monster that I wake up as). This morning, Craig is in Canada, after a l-o-n-g troubled road trip there, that included spending the night on the side of the road with a busted up boat trailer. I actually slept well last night, So I wasn't such a Grumpelstilskin when I woke up this morning. I'm not feeling great (sore throat, ear keeps popping) but all in all it's a good morning. Friday night, after years of bad sleep. I went to my favorite local health food store and bought some Valerian to help me sleep. It actually seems to work! I took it last night around 8:30 and was sound asleep by 10. Now that's impressive!

Lala, P-Dub and their friend Kat came up yesterday after work for SJPPD at Cooper River Park. It was cool, I was (I think we all were) hoping for a bit more, but perhaps next year, as word gets out about the day. It was really just nice to spend the day out with friends in the absolutely gorgeous weather.

Today, I'm hoping to get some crafty time in, I've gotta do more math review for my test tomorrow, but I also hope to be able to get in some reading. Yesterday, my friendly Mail person (they put up with Kinsey snatching the mail through the mail slot, and tearing it about, so they've gotta be friendly right??) delivered my most recent order from QPB.com

so I'm now well stocked in fresh books, that I can't wait to get into.

No comments: