Friday, August 17, 2007

Slow Blog Week For Me

Things have been a little hectic this week. We've finally after 8 years of my reasoning (begging) at work gotten some lab equipment. So now I can make glasses on site. Since I haven't touched any lab work at all in 8 years, it's a lot of recalling everything that I'd learned way back when. Overall I'm really quite thrilled about it though! The work situation with Margret has reached a critical point. She was a no show again yesterday, after her sister in essence didn't feel it was important for her to come to work. I don't even want to recall the details right now, but in essence, we need at least one new person. As her friend I feel bad that she's going through all of this in her personal life, though I still feel that she brings so much of it on herself. As her boss, I can't take it anymore, time to find some new blood, her behavior is totally unacceptable. Today (my day off) I have to go into work for a couple of hours to run through any lab work. I can use the overtime, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Then it's off to get my "chicken pickers" (acrylic nails) soaked off and a manicure. My pretty nails + lab work = bad, bad things that could happen to poor defenseless optical lenses. Then it's hitting the food store, cleaning up the apartment, and scrapping! Hopefully I'll perk up a little soon, and be ready for the day!

No comments: